By Todd Moskowitz
A Major Consumer Shift
As the digital evolution continues to set the pace of change, a constant trend is the growth of video content consumption. 74% of US households now consume television content through Smart TV’s (or connected devices), rather than through cable or broadcast. While much of the television content is the same, the consumption method has shifted. Consumers are embracing video content for other purposes at a higher rate, as well. Consumers utilize online video for everything imaginable: from a new recipe video, to exploring a product demonstration video, to sharing videos through social media. Video popularity amongst consumers is growing rapidly. Research forecasts that, in 2020, Americans will spend 84 minutes per day consuming video content, up from 67% in 2018.
Advertisers Follow Consumers
As consumer video consumption grows, advertisers have focused on heightening their video engagement with consumers as well. And not without good reason.
Here are three compelling benefits of video:
- Video connects with consumers emotionally through the power of audio, along with the complementary visual element.
- Video offers all the valuable benefits of TV advertising, without the growing concerns of ad skipping and cluttered environments.
- Video marketing offers access to a captive audience.
To help local businesses capitalize on this trend, Connoisseur Media has numerous video solutions, which collectively provide various ways for a local business to engage with consumers through video.
Here are programmatic advertising options you can leverage to maximize compelling video for your business:
Audience Targeted Pre-Roll
- What it is: Audience Targeted Pre-Roll (also known as Video Pre-Roll) is a :15 or :30 second video that serves on a website before online video content begins. For instance, if you were to go to a website to consume video content, such as news or entertainment, you would first be greeted by a Video Pre-Roll ad.
- Benefits: It allows marketers to engage with a highly captive audience at the immediate moment when the user opts-in to video content, which is when consumers are most engaged. Video Pre-Roll is capable of targeting consumers in various fashions, including audience interests, demographics, geography and more. It’s built to serve across desktop, mobile, and tablet devices.
CTV (Connected TV)
- What it is: Connected TV refers to any TV that’s connected to the Internet and accesses TV content via devices such as Apple TV, Google Chromecast and more. There is a term called “cord cutters,” which refers to the growing population that has switched from traditional cable or broadcast to a Connected TV. As noted above, 74% of Americans consume television through a Connected TV.
- Benefits: Unlike cable and broadcast TV, Connected TV spots are not skippable. This alleviates dramatic concerns for TV advertisers. Additionally, CTV advertising reaches groups of TV viewers that traditional advertising cannot. CTV can be targeted by zip code. This enables a local business to handpick geographies, and even span across multiple cable zones, without having to deal with multiple providers.
- What it is:GeoVideo ads are video ads that are featured on mobile apps, based on a device’s specific location inside of a client’s chosen geography.
- Benefits:GeoVideo ads enable a client to market to a strategic targeted location, such as a competitor’s business, or a critical area where they know prospective customers are present. This is a great way to market to consumers that are in your immediate area. As a result, GeoVideo is a very strong way to assist conversion achievement.
In – Banner Video
- What it is: Display In-Banner Video appears in HTML-5 banner ads. The video plays after the banner animates, with the option of playing manually or automatically.
- Benefits Just like regular programmatic display banners, In-Banner Video offers both audience & geo-targeted capabilities.
All of the above video solutions are opportunities that are offered by Connoisseur Media. More importantly, we can assist in helping you to understand your core business goals, with the intention of making sure that your marketing is tied directly to those goals.