Storyboarding and You: HTML 5 Banners
By Ty Anschutz
First off, let’s explain what an HTML5 banner is: HTML5 is the code or language used to animate pieces of a banners or the entire banner. This includes words moving across the banner ad or fading of images. You may also hear this referred to as a “responsive design.” The benefits of an HTML5 banner ad are incredible. The main feature is that no matter what device or browser you are on, the banner will display and animate the same. Some other benefits include:
- Size Does Matter. A small static banner made for mobile devices can look blurry and unreadable. With the use of HTML5, and the ability to have multiple slides, more information can be added and font sizes can be increased so they are more legible.
- Be More Memorable. By creating a more memorable ad, viewers are more likely to remember your ad versus one that is just a plain image.
- Be Creative. Don’t squeeze all your information into a single static ad. With HTML5 banners, you can create separate slides or screens that have additional information on each, as well as have text appear and disappear during the animation.
- Audience Reach. Some users engage better with text and others with video. HTML5 banners can provide all of those in one single ad.
Now let’s think about storyboarding, or the blueprint, for your HTML5 banner. Storyboarding is a way for you to tell the designers what you would like your banners to look like in order to best convey the objective of your digital campaign. Here are 8 steps for creating a successful storyboard:
- Determine the Objective
- Establish a Timeline
- Identify – Who? What? Where?
- Evaluate Each Scene
Connoisseur Digital’s experts are here to help create the perfect HTML5 animated banner ad package for your online marketing needs.