Connoisseur Media Connecticut is looking for an Assistant Broadcast Engineer. This position will report to the Chief Broadcast Engineer and assist in maintaining 100% reliability of broadcast capabilities, as well as managing the maintenance and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in our (3) markets (New Haven, Bridgeport & Stamford/Norwalk) while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Additionally, the engineering team has responsibility for computer and networking systems, studio equipment, generators, and telecommunications.
Connoisseur Media Connecticut is home to (5) heritage brands including WPLR, WEZN, WICC, WEBE and WFOX. In addition, we have a management agreement to assist with WYBC. Our facility is located in Milford, CT and we are locally owned & operated.
- Maintain 100% reliability of broadcast capabilities for all radio stations
- Execute routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, phone systems, audio & recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, remote equipment, etc.
- Work with Chief Engineer to maintain station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
- Work with local management to coordinate major remote broadcasts/events as needed
- Troubleshoot & support IT needs within the building
- Responsibilities include compliance with FCC rules and regulations, and routine FCC self-inspections
- Assists with managing capital projects ensuring compliance with capital budgets and securing all necessary approvals
- Travel to other in-state tower sites may be required
- On call 24/7
- Familiarity of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Computer literacy in applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Automation Systems)
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair broadcast equipment and high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities
- IT skills including local area and wide area networking
- Knowledge of electrical systems and standby generators
- Knowledge of telephone systems
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment over 50 pounds and work in a physically active environment
- Interact with management and staff with an ability to multi-task, delegate and meet deadlines
Education and Licensing:
- Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, or related field or equivalent level of experience
- Must possess valid state driver’s license in good standing and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
Connoisseur Media offers competitive pay, a fun and collaborative work environment, medical dental and vision insurance coverage, 401K with company match to plan for the long-term and paid vacation and holidays.
Connoisseur Media is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law.