Realize Your Potential
Getting a “break” into the media business can be challenging…
Our successful and forward-thinking broadcast & digital media company has an immediate opening for a full-time Promotions & Sales Assistant in the Frederick, MD location. This is a hybrid position that will assist the Sales & Promotions teams. This important role will include coordinating advertising orders & requests from clients and helping the promotions team with station events for our two (2) Frederick radio stations, 99.9 WFRE Free Country, and 930 WFMD Free Talk. The successful candidate must have a great initiative, a positive attitude, lots of energy, and be flexible working weeknights, holidays, and weekends, as needed. If you have a can-do attitude, are organized, community-minded, love music & News/ Talk, then this is a great entry-level position!
- Maintain excellent and friendly customer service, interact with clients, customers and colleagues
- Assist the sales team with proposals, recaps, update sales materials, and any administrative tasks needed
- Act as a liaison between the sales team, agency buyers, reps and clients
- Attend sales meetings, promotional meetings and client brainstorms – take notes, as needed
- Back-up colleague for support staff activities, e.g. answering phones, greeting clients and customers, pulling invoices, recaps, proposals, etc.
- Execute on-site station contests and promotions, get customers involved with station promotions
- Have the physical ability to setup/breakdown equipment for appearances, concerts, etc.
- Organized, dependable and detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance internally & externally for clients, events, concerts, etc.
- Must have valid and current driver’s license with good driving record, with ability to drive company and/or personal vehicle to and from events
- Familiarity with social media applications – FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Strong working knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word programs
- College degree preferred, 1-2 years office or related experience
Exercise Your Passion
We are Connoisseur Media of Maryland, LLC, a broadcast & digital media company that delivers quality radio to listeners, advertisers, and communities. Connoisseur is recognized as one of the top 20 broadcasters in the United States. We own and manage the operations of 13 radio stations in three (3) markets, as well as operate a digital marketing business and creative agency. We believe that people are the passion and the heart of the Company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by law.