Top 10 Reasons To Advertise On The Radio
- Radio is on 24/7, reaching over 91% of people age 12 and older every week and 67% daily.
- Often considered a frequency medium, radio is an ideal reach medium when planned
differently — especially based on Nielsen Audio PPM data.
- Reach 3 consumers 1X rather than 1 consumer 3X since that 1 consumer is less likely
to need a product/service than any 1 of the 3 would be.
- Ads are most effective when they remind people of brands they know, at the time they
happen to need a product or service.
- Reminding is a perfect job for radio when used as a reach medium.
- Approximately 1/3 of TV time is devoted to commercials, about 2/3 of newspapers
comprise ad copy, and Internet users are now subjected to a barrage of advertising
- With an average of 10 commercial minutes per hour (about 1/5 of each hour),
Radio affords an uncluttered environment for advertisers
- Radio ads are always forefront for the listener’s attention — ads aren’t surrounded
by competitors’ spots or buried in the back pages
- Radio’s diversity of programming affords advertisers niche channels
to zero in on narrow target groups
- Formats allow advertisers to speak selectively to consumers they want to reach
- Local/regional structure means brands can focus on key marketing areas
- Radio has a “multiplier effect” on other media
- Audio-only medium stimulates a different part of the brain than video, print, online images
- Adding Radio increases recall of TV, newspaper, Internet ads
- Radio is proven to drive consumers to advertisers’ web sites
- Consumers vary in their stages of the purchase cycle — on-going Radio ads
allow your product or brand to be front and center when people are ready to buy,
even during off seasons.
- Radio reaches consumers close to the time and location of purchase,
whether they’re in-store or online shoppers
- Reach listeners in-car when they’re driving to stores, restaurants, etc.
- Consumers need to be exposed to ad messages multiple times before they
begin to respond
- Radio’s relatively low cost in relation to other media allows advertisers to use multiple
stations to reach their targets and build frequency levels for maximum impact
- “Radio continues to be perceived as central to people’s lives, especially when contrasted
with the precipitous decline by other traditional media” – Nielsen Audio/Edison “Infinite Dial”.
- Radio continues to be the #1 source of music discovery despite the numerous audio
options that exist today.
- People spend more time listening to news on the radio each day than they do reading
newspapers or getting news online. The amount of time people listen to radio news has
remained more stable over the last decade… –Pew Research Center for the People & the Press
- Listeners tend to listen to relatively few radio stations and are extremely loyal to
- Research shows that Radio listeners have a low level of ad avoidance, staying tuned
in through commercial breaks.
- Because ads can run frequently and listeners tend to stay tuned for long periods of
time, a brand that is big in Radio can create a disproportionately large share of mind for itself.
- Radio stars in the theater of the mind, stimulates emotion-filled images within
the listener’s own mind — voices, music, sound effects, recall of video images
- No matter how small or large the advertiser, Radio allows creativity to brand and
create a unique identity that consumers will remember
- Affordable production allows tailoring ads for compatibility to various formats,
increasing appeal to listeners
- Radio advertisers can adapt quickly to changes in their own situations and
marketplace to make sure their dollars are effectively utilized
- Listeners feel an emotional connection with their preferred Radio stations
- Passive forms of advertising merely list merchandise or tell where a product is available;
Radio is an active medium capable of stirring emotion, creating demand
and selling products and services
- Radio is a call-to-action medium
- Radio production costs less than TV, print
- Radio is less expensive to buy than most major media, allowing advertisers to
afford maximum reach and effective frequency
Is your business taking part in the couponing craze? Let us elevate your next deal by using our wide reach combined with our Half Off web-store!
Our online auction platform can put your products in front of new customers.
This exclusive program will put our team of Internet marketing experts at your disposal to drive online traffic to your business.
Our listeners would love to do business with you! Let us optimize your airtime with the right message directed at the right audience.
Our digital platforms provide unlimited opportunities for online interaction with your brand
If you are ready to take your advertising to the next level then we can build a promotional package specifically for your business.
Our mobile marketing capabilities can put your business directly into customers’ phones.
We offer mobile advertising solutions through our digital platforms and can also build your businesses mobile website through our Spotlight OnLocal program
To inquire about how to grow your business with radio advertising opportunities and integrated marketing solutions contact our sales department by phone or email.
Learn more about each of our station’s audience, programming, and personalities.
Station Guide »
Contact your local Connoisseur Media marketing team for specific information. However, in general:
Most audio formats are acceptable
Most IAB formats accepted
Radio is 95% of what we do with advertisement. It works for us; we look at it as a really good value. … There just seems to be a reallyChris Bloomington Meats
I have been purchasing radio advertising in Erie for many years and it has become an integral part of my marketing strategy at ICC. The core of our advertising hasDavid Iadeluca Iadeluca Chiropractic Center